Your 3D modeling skills make Rodin look old, and you build virtual worlds that inspire people. If your heart beats for Unity and Unreal, if you use Blender outside the kitchen, if you don't think Z-Brush is for beauty and if you like to bake textures, then you're on the same page with us. 😎
Hi! We are NMY, an innovation studio for Mixed-Reality-Communication in Frankfurt and Montreal.
With our technologies we make other people's work and lives more colorful, more efficient, more exciting, more comfortable, more productive. With us, creativity meets Big Data, science meets art, B2B meets entertainment. Everyday routines don’t exist here.
Our clients are passionate thinkers, innovators, pioneers, trailblazers, uncompromisingly optimistic, and always on the lookout for the next big thing - which they discover together with us. Are you in?
Great work emerges in a great environment.
We offer you:
- You take on responsibility. You can and should shape our work - and you are not alone in this: In our team, everyone helps each other. Our values: respect, appreciation and trust.
- Speaking of trust: Trust-based working hours work for us if they do for you.
- With us, you will work for internationally renowned customers on a wide variety of projects. In this way, you get to know exciting people and areas, gain professional and personal experience, and expand your network. You will grow.
- Short decision-making processes, flat hierarchies. Everybody says that, but with us it's really true. (OK, that's what everyone says, but with us it's really true).
- Our office in the creative, newly designed Ostend district of Frankfurt, right on the banks of the Main River, offers state-of-the-art technology, cool toys and countless nice colleagues. Of course, you can also work remotely.
- It's important to you, it's important to us: training, workshops and team events are an essential part of your work.
Here's what you bring along
Your most important tasks:
- You model real-time assets from reference material and integrate them into Unity or other real-time 3D engines.
- You transform CAD data or already existing models into real eye candy.
- With Substance Painter, you make virtual worlds more beautiful.
- Speaking of virtual worlds: We really want your talent for level design.
- Your animated avatars and virtual characters are almost as real as in real life.
- You will accompany the complete creation process in the team, from concepting and storyboarding to prototyping, QA and final production.
- You accompany selected projects as lead artist, guide your colleagues and coordinate with stakeholders.
You'll help our team with these qualifications:
- You have completed a degree or training in Communication, Media or Graphic Design.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in 3D art and animation, including VR and/or AR.
- You are familiar with common game art workflows such as High poly/Low poly, PBR Rendering, Modular Level Design, etc.
- You have experience and fun with VR and AR and can confidently use common game engines like Unity and Unreal Engine.
- In general, you are adept at using 2D and 3D design tools.
- You want to learn, have an understanding of quality and the ambition to achieve it.
- You are experienced in concept art and storyboarding and take this as a basis for the later 3D production.
- You are experienced in agile working methods (SCRUM / Kanban) as a team member or SCRUM master.
Are you hooked?
Then send NMY founder and CEO Sebastian Demmerle an email with a short introduction - and your expectations.
What we stand for
Need - Users find themselves renewed through geographic inspiration and virtual stimulation - no walk in the park was more enriching than the NMY unseen tour
Mankind - People learn new skills, discover new worlds, systems and products - the desire for knowledge and products becomes an incentive in itself
The big Y - Yes, why the whole thing? Y is our Why. Because we can. Ingenuity, technology and wit, a little bit of love - what more do people and society need?